Create great Landing Pages
Landing pages have nothing to do with planes and everything to do with sales. They guide customers who have clicked on a search result or banner ad towards one specific action, like lights on a runway. This is what sets them apart from a homepage. Here’s a brief breakdown of how to get the most out of your landing pages.
- A good-looking landing page can entice customers, but looks are meaningless if the landing page doesn’t fulfil its purpose of guiding customers towards making a purchase. Its important to emphasise the value of what you’re selling and describe what the prospect will get in return.
- Generating leads relies on potential customers taking the time to fill in a form. If the form is short it should be placed high up on the page, so it can be reached without too much scrolling. A link to a form should be treated the same way.
- Make it obvious that the form is separate from the rest on the page by using a different colour scheme or surrounding it in a box. Experiment with different templates until you find one that’s easy to read and pleasing on the eye.
- Longer forms are less likely to be filled out, but provide more information about leads. If you are seeking as many leads as possible, it is best to keep forms short and sweet by only asking questions that are important to your business.
- Avoid adding URLs to other websites too soon, prospects could be directed away, forever.
- Use A/B testing to gain accurate feedback on your landing page.
Keeping customers engaged requires your landing page to guide them towards the right place at the right time. The more sources you have for bringing in traffic, such as banner ads, email, or social media pages, the better. Having a specialised landing page for each campaign/promotion makes it easier for customers to determine what actions to take on your page. Head to this article for more information on lead generation or contact Spitfire for help making your next landing page run smoothly.
TALK TO SPITFIRE.
Talk to us today – contact us